Every hand counts! Support our mission of saving the Arctic by Joining our team.
BECOME A VOLUNTEER GROUND TEAM
WE NEED YOUR HELP
The arctic is now facing a drastic degradation made by us and there is no one to help us except us. Now is the time to fight climate change and save the arctic.
Volunteer Ground Team Application Qualifications
To be eligible, you must meet the following requirements:
• You must be a minimum of 18 years old to serve on World Arctic Fund ground activity.
• You must comply with the World Arctic Fund “zero tolerance” drug policy and smoking rules.
• You are financially responsible for travel to and from the ship and all personal items.
• You may be required to get a multiple entry EU visa
• You must agree to be filmed/photographed while on Expedition.
• No felony convictions in the past 10 years.
Volunteer Selection Process
Below is an outline on how we select volunteer whenever we are preparing for a campaign or whenever a crewmember position opens up:
Time Available: We first look at the “Dates Available” area on all applications, as we are usually filling positions for a specific period of time. We would also consider anyone that has written “Open” or “Any time” in the Dates Available field.
The minimum commitment is at least two weeks with a maximum of 4 months. The longer you can dedicate the better chance you have of being accepted. We can of course evaluate how things are going at any point along the way and make changes.
Desirable Volunteer Attributes: The most sought-after volunteer would have a positive attitude, a good work ethic, and be flexible to changes and new situation.
Get Involved: You can by starting to volunteer from wherever you are now!